Guest Blog post by Molly Corin Stevens

Hello! My name is Molly Corin. I am an 8 year old, and I am going to turn 9 soon- in april, actually. I am delighted to be a guest blogger!!!!!! This is what I would like to say about what 8 year-olds need from their moms… Family_Stevens20150104

Love

I think snuggles are the best!!!!! #1 rule of life-get at least 3 snuggles a day. We depend on our moms to do lots of things, but mostly love us. It helps us if we know that you are here for us. No matter what. It helps us build confidence. And we know if anything happens, you will be there.

What we love

I play the violin, and I think music is one of the best things ever! I love music!!!!! Other kids might not like music as much as I do, but they do have that little place inside their heart, and everyone loves something so much, something that is so cool it seems that we were put on earth to do that thing. You guys can help us make that dream come true.

Choices

Since we are 8 years old now,it seems old-even to the parents. We want to make more choices, and we want you to trust us. When you say no to something we really want to do, we feel like you will not let us do anything. This is not true though, but we want you to trust us. Kids- one way you can help your parents trust you more is by not telling lies.

Have fun!!!!!!!

We want to know you well. One way that you can spend more time with your child is by planing a weekly date to do something fun, like going out for hot cocoa. That time you will really get to know your child. Try to have a weekly date, or every other week. My mommy and me do mommy daughter dates.

Thank you for reading my blog post!!!!!

Molly Corin Stevens

*photo credit: Amaris Hames

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Guest Blog post by Molly Corin Stevens

1. Betty Stevens says:

Hi sweet granddaughter! I enjoyed your blog so much and I love you so much!😊
    Mimi😘

2. Derrick says:

Amazing job Molly Corin! I’m going to share this with all the parents I know so they can learn more about being good mommies and daddies. Thanks for writing! Enjoy your music and your family!

3. Melanie says:

Thank you for your great advice Molly! I have an 8 year old daughter and it’s always great to be reminded of what makes her happy so I can be the best mom that I can be for her =) God bless you sweet girl!

4. Kait says:

Out of the mouths of babes 🙂 Love this!!! Thank you for sharing Molly Corin!!!

5. betsysimmons says:

Molly Corin … I love your words of wisdom. Thank you for them. In case you don’t know this already — your mom is a rockstar. Your dad is pretty legit too. I learned the most from your “violin paragraph.” My son (now 22) loves music and played the violin & guitar at your age. I took him to lessons and everything but I don’t think that I did a great job of encouraging him. I realize, now that you mention it, that I need to help his dream come true … to make sweet music. I need to stop long enough to listen to his sweet music. Thank you for sharing your heart. Keep “playin” Molly Corin!

6. Anonymous says:

Hey Molly Corin! Its me and Nick bean here!

7. Anonymous says: